- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ark. woman killed in Bootheel crash
CARDWELL, Mo. — An accident on Highway 412 between Senath and Cardwell proved fatal for one driver.
At about 2:35 p.m. Thursday, authorities responded to a head-on collision on Highway 412 two miles north of Cardwell.
According to the report filed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Elizabeth Lawrence, 62, of Paragould, Ark., was traveling westbound in her 2004 Chrysler minivan when she crossed the center line and collided with an eastbound 1996 Ford Explorer driven by Patsy Dowdy, 73, also of Paragould.
Lawrence was airlifted to the Elvis Presley Trauma Center in Memphis, Tenn. Dowdy was pronounced dead at the scene. Both drivers had to be extricated from their vehicles.