- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Sweetheart Petite Miss Missouri 2008
Heather Conaway recently competed in the Misses of Missouri Pageant on June 20-21, 2008 in Springfield, Missouri.
To qualify for the Misses of Missouri and Misses of Missouri Sweetheart Pageant, you must be the winner or the 1st Runner-Up in an official preliminary to the Miss Missouri Pageant, which for her was the Little Miss Jackson pageant that was held in November, 2007. It is run exactly like the Miss America pageant. Heather competed in private interview, physical fitness, evening wear, and sang "All for One" from the movie High School Musical 2 for her talent competition. Her winnings include a crown, trophy, sash, medallion, flowers, and a $50 savings bond.
Within the past year, Heather has won the the Scott City Summerfest pageant, Advance Labor Day pageant, Chaffee German Days pageant, and has placed in the Sikeston Cotton Carnival, Southeast Missouri District Fair, and the Malden SEMO Regional Scholarship pageant. She is the daughter of Richard and Donna Conaway of Jackson and will be in the first grade at South Elementary.