- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Sweetheart Petite Miss Missouri 2008
Heather Conaway recently competed in the Misses of Missouri Pageant on June 20-21, 2008 in Springfield, Missouri.
To qualify for the Misses of Missouri and Misses of Missouri Sweetheart Pageant, you must be the winner or the 1st Runner-Up in an official preliminary to the Miss Missouri Pageant, which for her was the Little Miss Jackson pageant that was held in November, 2007. It is run exactly like the Miss America pageant. Heather competed in private interview, physical fitness, evening wear, and sang "All for One" from the movie High School Musical 2 for her talent competition. Her winnings include a crown, trophy, sash, medallion, flowers, and a $50 savings bond.
Within the past year, Heather has won the the Scott City Summerfest pageant, Advance Labor Day pageant, Chaffee German Days pageant, and has placed in the Sikeston Cotton Carnival, Southeast Missouri District Fair, and the Malden SEMO Regional Scholarship pageant. She is the daughter of Richard and Donna Conaway of Jackson and will be in the first grade at South Elementary.