- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Sweetheart Petite Miss Missouri 2008
Heather Conaway recently competed in the Misses of Missouri Pageant on June 20-21, 2008 in Springfield, Missouri.
To qualify for the Misses of Missouri and Misses of Missouri Sweetheart Pageant, you must be the winner or the 1st Runner-Up in an official preliminary to the Miss Missouri Pageant, which for her was the Little Miss Jackson pageant that was held in November, 2007. It is run exactly like the Miss America pageant. Heather competed in private interview, physical fitness, evening wear, and sang "All for One" from the movie High School Musical 2 for her talent competition. Her winnings include a crown, trophy, sash, medallion, flowers, and a $50 savings bond.
Within the past year, Heather has won the the Scott City Summerfest pageant, Advance Labor Day pageant, Chaffee German Days pageant, and has placed in the Sikeston Cotton Carnival, Southeast Missouri District Fair, and the Malden SEMO Regional Scholarship pageant. She is the daughter of Richard and Donna Conaway of Jackson and will be in the first grade at South Elementary.