- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — LaVesta M. Colin, 58, of Perryville died Sunday, July 6, 2008, at her home.
She was born Nov. 13, 1949, daughter of Leslie R. and Velma Peer. She and Stanley L. Colin were married April 24, 1971.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, a Perry County Shelter Workshop Board Member, a PSR teacher, a chairwoman of the Salvation Army, a beautician and a real estate agent. She was an administrator at Terrace Gardens.
Survivors include a son, Brian Colin of Perryville; a daughter, Stephanie Colin of Perryville; three brothers, Francis Peer of Sand Springs, Okla., and Robert Peer and Dale Peer of Perryville; five sisters, Wanda Brandt, Sandra Thornberry, Sharon Weisbrod, all of Perryville, Patricia Eggemeyer of Chester, Ill., and Sheila Brown of Smithton, Ill.; and seven grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers.
Visitation is from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Chapel. There will be a Catholic wake at 6 p.m. Tuesday. A rosary will be said at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery.