- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hospice volunteers complete training
Four new Visiting Nurse Association of Southeast Missouri hospice volunteers have recently completed training.
Two of the volunteers are from the area, Lana Gilwater of Cape Girardeau and Linda Hamra of Sikeston. The program teaches basic information about the services VNA Hospice provides with regard to guidelines each Medicare-certified hospice follows.
VNA Hospice volunteers are still needed for surrounding counties. Individuals who live in Mississippi, northern Scott, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Stoddard, Ripley, Carter and Wayne counties or who are willing to drive there should contact Helen Sander at 800-286-5892, extension 1606, to schedule training. Arrangements for programs to educate groups about hospice can be arranged.