- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Hazel L. Batson, 81, of Cobden died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born March 7, 1923, in Anna, Ill., daughter of Jasper and Maude Nimmo Young. She and Robert Wesley Batson were married June 30, 1944.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Almeda Rotes of Granite City, Ill., Jeanette Kotosky of Anna, Linda Flavin of Carbondale; a son, Darrell Batson of Vienna, Ill.; two brothers, Bill and Clifford Young of Granite City; two sisters, Brenda of West Frankfort, Ill., Honey Lou of Golconda, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son, and nine brothers and sisters.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from noon to service time today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery at Carbondale.