- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Hassie Pitts Lingle Dettenbach, 91, of Anna died Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2004, at Anna City Care Center.
She was born Dec. 5, 1912, near Anna, daughter of Lother and Flora Lott Pitts.
Dettenbach worked with the Department of Mental Health through Elgin Mental Center as a psychiatric aide. Her last few years before retirement were spent as a supervisor in the rehab department for handicapped residents of Elgin Mental Health.
She graduated from Anna-Jonesboro High School in 1932 and married Joe Lingle after graduation. He died in 1962. While employed at Elgin Mental Health Center she met Frank C. Dettenbach, and married him Nov. 20, 1964. In 1991 they moved to Panama City, Fla.
Survivors include her husband; two sisters, Mary Hoyle of Anna and Ruth Forbes of Bristol, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna with Monsengior Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.