- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Marie Ida Bailey, 85, of Burfordville died Sunday, Aug. 15, 2004, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Jan. 29, 1919, in Annapolis, Mo., daughter of Toney E. and Dessie F. Brewer Buxton. She married William H. Bailey.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Daniel Bailey of Viburnum, Mo., Kenneth Bailey of Japan; two daughters, Kathleen Jonas of Jefferson City, Mo., Deborah Abney of Burfordville; three sisters, Betty Labudde and Beulah Kernan of Potosi, Mo., Ethel Weible of Desloge, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call after 11 a.m. Sunday at C.Z. Boyer and Son Funeral Home in Desloge.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Bailey officiating. Burial will be in Workman Cemetery.