- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Martha Lynn Niemann Denson, 40, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at the home of her mother in Gordonville.
She was born Jan. 8, 1964, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Vernon "Pedro" and Judith Moore Niemann. She was formerly married to Phillip Denson.
Martha was baptized and confirmed at Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville, and in 1986 became a member of Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville.
She graduated from Jackson High School in 1982. She attended Southeast Missouri State University, acquiring the credentials to be a preschool director.
Martha had worked at the former Beverly Care and Rehab Center and KinderCare in Cape Girardeau, acting as director of KinderCare from 1989 to 1998. She had also worked at Curious Kids in Fruitland, and became director at Just Kids in Cape Girardeau in 2000.
Survivors include four children, Mindy L. Denson of Cape Girardeau, Jody L. Denson of Jackson, Hailey C. Hoxworth and Brian L. Hoxworth Jr. of Jackson; her mother, Judith Riehn of Gordonville; a sister, Laurie Burns and husband Bo of Gordonville; two nieces, Alisha and Sarah Burns of Gordonville; a grandmother, Evelyn Moore of Gordonville; Chuck and Sue Denson of Cape Girar-deau, grandparents of Mindy and Jody Denson; and a special friend, Brian Hoxworth.
She was preceded in death by her father, Vernon Niemann; stepfather, Hobert "Gabby" Riehn; an infant sister, Connie Sue Niemann; paternal grandmother, Freida Niemann; and maternal grandfather, Eugene P. Moore.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, with the Rev. Ann Mowery officiating. Burial will be in Zion United Methodist Church Cemetery at Gordonville.