- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Elsie Louise Barnes, 70, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Aug. 15, 2004, at her home.
She was born April 14, 1934, at Ironton, Mo., daughter of Gilbert and Anna Silvey Hartwick. She and Donald F. Barnes were married in 1952 at Ironton.
Barnes had lived in Marble Hill 10 years.
Survivors include two sons, Roger Barnes of Union, Mo., Ricky Barnes of Indiana; three sisters, Margaret Bucholtz of Marble Hill, Ella Govreau of Farmington, Mo., Nellie Carrow of Marquand, Mo.; and two grandsons.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel Wednesday from 8 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Poole officiating. Burial will be in Cove Cemetery at Ironton.