- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Betty L. Dickerson, 50, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 5, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Joe and Zita Hess.
Dickerson received a bachelor of science degree in management from Southeast Missouri State University in 1988. She was kitchen manager at Cape Girardeau Country Club, and a member of the Eckankar belief.
Survivors include a son, Joe Dickerson of Ypsilanti, Mich.; three brothers, Jim Hess of Chaffee, Mo., Charlie Hess of Scott City, Earl Hess of Knoxville, Tenn.; three sisters, Lill Hess of Scott City, Alice Hess of Chaffee, and Aleen Conway of Park Hills, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 1 p.m. to service time Thursday.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.