- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Betty L. Dickerson, 50, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 5, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Joe and Zita Hess.
Dickerson received a bachelor of science degree in management from Southeast Missouri State University in 1988. She was kitchen manager at Cape Girardeau Country Club, and a member of the Eckankar belief.
Survivors include a son, Joe Dickerson of Ypsilanti, Mich.; three brothers, Jim Hess of Chaffee, Mo., Charlie Hess of Scott City, Earl Hess of Knoxville, Tenn.; three sisters, Lill Hess of Scott City, Alice Hess of Chaffee, and Aleen Conway of Park Hills, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 1 p.m. to service time Thursday.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.