- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Betty L. Dickerson, 50, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 5, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Joe and Zita Hess.
Dickerson received a bachelor of science degree in management from Southeast Missouri State University in 1988. She was kitchen manager at Cape Girardeau Country Club, and a member of the Eckankar belief.
Survivors include a son, Joe Dickerson of Ypsilanti, Mich.; three brothers, Jim Hess of Chaffee, Mo., Charlie Hess of Scott City, Earl Hess of Knoxville, Tenn.; three sisters, Lill Hess of Scott City, Alice Hess of Chaffee, and Aleen Conway of Park Hills, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 1 p.m. to service time Thursday.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.