- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Martha Lynn Niemann Denson, 40, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 16, 2004, at the home of her mother in Gordonville.
She was born Jan. 8, 1964, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Vernon "Pedro" and Judith Moore Niemann. She was formerly married to Phillip Denson.
Martha was baptized and confirmed at Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville, and in 1986 became a member of Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville.
She graduated from Jackson High School in 1982. She attended Southeast Missouri State University, acquiring the credentials to be a preschool director.
Martha had worked at the former Beverly Care and Rehab Center and KinderCare in Cape Girardeau, acting as director of KinderCare from 1989 to 1998. She had also worked at Curious Kids in Fruitland, and had been working at Just Kids in Cape Girardeau since 2000.
Survivors include four children, Mindy L. Denson of Cape Girardeau, Jody L. Denson of Jackson, Hailey C. Hoxworth and Brian L. Hoxworth Jr. of Jackson; her mother, Judith Riehn of Gordonville; a sister, Laurie Burns and husband Bo of Gordonville; two nieces, Alisha and Sarah Burns of Gordonville; a grandmother, Evelyn Moore of Gordonville; Chuck and Sue Denson of Cape Girardeau, grandparents of Mindy and Jody Denson; and a special friend, Brian Hoxworth.
She was preceded in death by her father, Vernon Niemann; stepfather, Hobert "Gabby" Riehn; and an infant sister, Connie Sue Niemann.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ann Mowery officiating. Burial will be in Zion United Methodist Church Cemetery at Gordonville.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the family.