- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Roberta Conner Penermon, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 14, 2004, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Sept. 2, 1920, in Panola County, Miss., daughter of Silas and Evalina Gordon Weakley. She first married Ross Conner, who died in 1954. She later married Joseph Penermon.
Mrs. Penermon was a teacher eight years at Hooe School in Oran. Mo., then was employed in retail sales 25 years at Sears.
She was involved in Senior Alive, member of SEMO Learning Program, Sunbeam leader, Cub Scout leader, and was a volunteer reader at May Greene School. She was a member, choir member, Sunday school teacher, and member of Missionary Society of New Bethel Baptist Church. She had been a vice president of Church Women United.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Ross (Marlena) Conner of Cape Girardeau, Ronald Conner of Jefferson City, Mo., Eddie (Barbara) Conner of Dallas, Texas; two daughters, LaVerne Conner Wiseman of Jackson, Tenn., Linda Gail Conner (Michael) York of Indianapolis, Ind.; a sister, Lillie Lee Young of Memphis, Tenn.; 18 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters, three brothers and two stepsisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at New Bethel Baptist Church, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to New Bethel Baptist Church, 1029 S. Benton, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.