- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cards recall Thompson, demote Stavinoha
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals recalled right-hander Brad Thompson from Class AAA Memphis on Monday, adding another arm to a beleaguered bullpen.
Cardinals relievers were 10-18 with a 4.25 ERA and 18 blown saves in 43 chances entering a three-game series against the Mets on Monday night. They'll carry 13 pitchers and 12 position players for the foreseeable future.
Outfielder Nick Stavinoha, who batted .250 (4-for-16) in five games with two RBIs, was optioned to Memphis.
Thompson was 1-2 with a 4.37 ERA in seven games, three of them starts. He was optioned to Memphis on June 20, the day after he allowed two runs in five innings and took the loss against the Royals.