- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
C.L. Johns, 68, of Bowling Green, Ky., passed away Saturday, June 28, 2008, at Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green.
He was born July 11, 1939, in Dover, Ark., son of Fred and Elsie Ford Johns. He and Marilyn "Joetta" Franklin were united in marriage April 16, 1965, in Advance, Mo.
C.L. retired from General Motors, where he had worked in the reliability department. He was a 1956 graduate of Advance High School. He was also a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; four brothers, William (Bonnie) Johns of Advance, James (Wanda) Johns of Advance, Art (Linda) Johns of Bloomfield, Mo., and Lamonine (Linda) Johns of Grant Park, Ill.; and a sister, Glenda (Terry) Schroeter of Jackson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating.
Interment will be at Puxico Cemetery in Puxico, Mo.