- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mildred L. Hileman, 84, of Jonesboro died Friday, June 27, 2008, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born July 5, 1923, in Balcomb, Ill., daughter of Calvin and Jessie Smith DeWitt. She and Hollie Hileman were married April 29, 1942, in Jonesboro. He died in 1990.
Mildred lived in Mill Creek for 35 years and was a member of Mill Creek Baptist Church. She worked at Choate Mental Health for 25 years. Mildred moved to Jonesboro in 1980 and became a member of First Baptist Church of Jonesboro.
Survivors include a daughter, Dorris Olney of DeWitt, Mich., four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a sister, Jean Bushong of Hanna City, Ill.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman & Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Interment will be in St. Johns Cemetery.