- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SEDGEWICKVILLE, Mo. -- Jean Yount, 77, of Sedgewickville passed away Friday, Aug. 13, 2004, at Kindred Hospital at St. Louis, Mo.
She was born May 30, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of the late Oscar and Mattie O'Kelly Bollinger. She and Henry Yount were married on Jan. 22, 1947.
Yount was a member of Sedgewickville United Methodist Church and a homemaker.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Edward (Barb) Yount of Rodney, Mich.; a daughter, Karen (Henry) Wolf of Chester, Ill.; two sisters, Nell Johnson and Margaret Langstadt, both of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren, Jessica Yount, Christopher and Bradley Wolf.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Liley Funeral Home at Patton, Mo.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. James Rice officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be to Sedgewickville United Methodist Church for a Communion set.