- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Roberta Conner Penermon, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 14, 2004, at Ratliff Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 2, 1920, at Panola County, Miss., daughter of Silas and Evalena Gordon Weakley. She and Ross Conner were married. He died in 1954. She then married Joseph Penermon.
Penermon was a teacher at Hope School at Oran for eight years, then was employed in retail sales at Sears for 23 years. She was involved in Senior Alive and was a volunteer reader at May Greene School. She was a member and a choir member of New Bethel Baptist Church at Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Ross Conner of Cape Girardeau, Ronald Conner of St. Louis, Mo., Eddie Conner of Dallas, Texas; two daughters, Laverne Wiseman of Cape Girardeau, Linda York of Indianapolis, Ind.; a sister, Lillian Young of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and four brothers.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at New Bethel Baptist Church, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Fairmont Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.