- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. today
City hall, 401 Independence St.
(Second and Third Readings) Ordinance readopting Sections 2-76 to 2-83 of the City Code relating to conflicts of interest.
Ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a contract for water line easement with The Little River Drainage District for a 12-inch water main to serve Nash Road and Airport Loop.
Ordinance granting a special-use permit to Timothy and Donna Joplin for the purpose of maintaining and operating a chiropractic office at 226 Albert St.
Ordinance granting a special-use permit to Norman L. and Diana M. Glaus and Stifel, Nicolaus and Co. Inc. for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating a sign at 2849 Independence St.
Ordinance granting a special-use permit to Westminster Presbyterian Church for the purpose of constructing maintaining and operating a sign at 1820 Independence. Second and third readings.
Ordinance providing for the levying of the annual city revenue tax; library fund tax; public health tax; and Special Business District No. 2 tax for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2005.
Ordinance establishing the boundaries of trunk sewer district No. 17.
Ordinance establishing the boundaries of lateral sewer district No. 17-1-A, a subdivision of trunk sewer district No. 17, approving the plans and authorizing the construction of a system of sanitary lateral sewers in lateral sewer district No. 17-1-A, under a private contract subject to certain provisions.
Ordinance approving the record plat of Meadows Subdivision.
(First reading) Ordinance accepting a collector's deed from Cape Girardeau County Collector Diane Diebold for a county tax sale property.
Ordinance appropriating monies from the Convention/Visitors Special Revenue Fund for improvements to the Glenn House and imposing a moratorium on further appropriations from that fund until after Dec. 31.
Ordinance approving the record plat of Cape West Eleventh Subdivision.
Ordinance approving the record plat of Julie Subdivision No. 3.
Ordinance approving the record plat of Spanish Court.
Ordinance declaring it necessary to improve Commercial Street from Walnut Street to Hickory Street.
Resolutions Authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for permission to place telecommunication lines under Henderson Avenue.
Amending the city's policy to conform with the Missouri Open Meetings and Records Law.
Conditional approval of an original package liquor and Sunday sales
license for R. Scott Blank, d/b/a Bi-State/Southern Oil, 612 S. Sprigg St., Scott Blank, managing officer.
Approval of a retail liquor by the drink license for Marx, LLC d/b/a
D'Ladium, 1127 Broadway, Mark Dirnberger, managing officer.
Approval of temporary 5 percent beer by the drink licenses for the Semo District Fair Association for an event to be held on the Arena Park
Fairgrounds from Sept. 6 to 18.
A motion accepting the improvements completed under the 2-inch water line replacement program, and authorizing final payment to Monroe Plumbing & Heating Inc.