- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Josephine Mary Bax, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 25, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 17, 1917, in Leopold, Mo., daughter of Jacob J. and Lucy M. Vandeven Elfrink. She and Edmund F. Bax were married July 30, 1940. He died June 9, 2002.
Bax had worked at St. John's Hospital and Wagner Electric Company in St. Louis. She was a member of St. John's Catholic Church, president of St. Ann's Sodality and member of the Legion Mary Auxiliary.
Survivors include a brother, Leonard A. Elfrink of Leopold; a sister, Ethel Fisher of Overland, Mo.; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers, John Martin Elfrink in infancy, Martin Elfrink, Joseph Elfrink; and five sisters, Martha Nenninger, Clara Terbrock, Rosina Eldracher, Adele Holzum and Elsie Jansen.
The family requests that memorial contributions be made to Marble Hill Food Pantry or to Leopold School Foundation.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo. Parish prayers and Knights of Columbus rosary will be at 7.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. David Dohogne officiating. Burial will follow in St. John's Church Cemetery.