- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Man charged with stealing boat in Mo. flood zone
ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) -- A man is accused of stealing a boat from a St. Charles County marina and taking a joyride in floodwaters, with his young son along for the ride.
Lake Center Marina employee Paul Grubbs tells KSDK-TV that when he and co-workers noticed that the boat was gone Wednesday, they began searching the floodwaters. Soon they spotted the boat, but Grubbs said the man grabbed his son, jumped into the water and swam into a flooded woods.
More than an hour passed before an employee at neighboring Eagle's Landing Marina found the boy in the water, wearing a life jacket. He said the boy told him that his father drowned, but within an hour authorities found the man nearby.
St. Charles County deputies say a man could face several charges.
The boy, who is primary school age, was not injured.
Information from KSDK-TV: http://www.ksdk.com