- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Grambing, McGinnis lead way at Youth Triathlon
About 35 area kids took part in the 16th annual Cape Bicycle and Gators Swim Team Youth Triathlon at Central Junior High on Saturday.
Sam Grambing of Cape Girardeau was the only competitor to break the 19-minute mark, taking the overall title in a time of 18:05. The top female competitor was Cailin McGinnis of Jackson in 20:48.
The competition for the 9-12 age group was made up of a 200-yard swim, a two-mile bike ride and a mile run. Competitors in the 13-15 age group swam 300 yards, with the other two legs the same distances.
Ryan Gibson of Jackson topped the 9-12 age division with a 19:35. Joseph Gray (21:08) and Matt Gibson (21:45), both of Jackson, finished behind Gibson. Greg Gibson finished first in the 13-15 age division with a 19:11.
On the girls' side, Lauren Castleman of Scott City was first in the 9-12 age division at 21:05. Amanda Whitlow (22:53) and Kyleigh Troxel (24:08) finished second and third, respectively.
Complete results can be found in Scoreboard on Page 4B.