- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Worth the drive 6/26/08
Less than 2 hours away
Lake Wappapello Outdoor Theatre, Wappapello, Mo.
Lake Wappapello State Park hosts camping and concerts all summer long. This weekend, escape city life and camp out under the stars. For entertainment Friday, The Fat Boys will be onstage. Billy 5 Swift joins the Fat Boys on Saturday for a rockin' country camping experience. Both concerts start at 7 p.m. at the theater, two miles south of the Wappapello Dam on Route T. Admission is free, but donations to the bands are accepted. For more information, call 573-222-8083.
Des Lee Gallery, St. Louis
A Cape Girardeau native will have a collection of photographs on display in the Des Lee Gallery of St. Louis. "Breathing in, out" by Shannon Randol will be on display through Saturday. Randol is working on a master's of fine art with a focus on photography at Washington University. Randol has been taking pictures of everything around him for the last four years. He called this collection a catalogue of the things he has come into contact with. The Des Lee Gallery is at 1627 Washington Blvd. It is open 1 to 4 p.m. through Saturday.