- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community briefs 6/26/08
Buehrle family holding reunion this weekend
The descendants of Bob and Bernice Buehrle will gather in Cape Girardeau from Friday to Sunday. The family will hold a picnic Saturday at Capaha Park shelter No. 2. Friends of the family are welcome to visit after 2 p.m.
Annual CROP sale and luncheon coming up
The 39th annual Church Women United CROP sale and luncheon will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 18 at Centenary United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau. The luncheon is from 11 a.m.to 1 p.m. and includes chicken pasta salad, fresh baked bread, dessert and drink. Carry-outs will be available. Items for sale include fresh fruit and vegetables, canned fruits and vegetables, baked goods, plants and children's items. Proceeds will benefit church world service projects, a scholarship to Young Life camp and a scholarship for a woman to attend the Career and Technology Center.
-- From staff reports