- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Byron Lee Sides, 17, of White, Ga., died Monday, June 23, 2008, while swimming in Lake Allatoona near Cartersville, Ga.
He was born Feb. 13, 1991, in Cartersville, son of Terry and Deborah Sides.
Sides was employed by Johnny's Pizza and Subs in Cartersville. He participated in Boy Scouts and youth activities at his church.
Survivors include his parents, Terry and Deborah Sides of White; maternal grandparents, Larry and Barbara Smith of Cartersville; and paternal grandfather, Wilbert E. "Jr." Sides of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother.
Friends may call from 3 to 9 p.m. Friday at Parnick Jennings Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Cartersville.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ronnie Cline officiating.