- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marble Hill man charged with child molestation
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Marble Hill police arrested Wayne A. Martin Sr., 30, of Marble Hill on Monday on charges of child molestation.
Officers from both the Marble Hill Police Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol interviewed Martin earlier that evening after receiving information that he had sexually abused a child younger than 12, according to a probable-cause statement by Sgt. Scott Shaffer.
Martin voluntarily went with officers to the Bollinger County Sheriff's Department for the interview, where he explained that he knew about the allegations and knew that was the reason for the interview, the statement said.
At first, Martin denied the allegations Later he said he was sorry for what had happened to the child in question and confessed to the rape, according to the the statement.
Martin also said he knew what he had done was wrong and wanted to get help for his problem, the statement said.
Martin waived a formal arraignment in court Wednesday. He is in custody at the Bollinger County Jail.
A hearing is set for July 9.