- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Lillian Elizabeth Wolfenkoehler, 94, of Jackson died Wednesday, June 25, 2008, at her home.
She was born Dec. 3, 1913, at Neelys Landing, daughter of Robert Theodore and Jessie Maude McLard Yancey. She and Dewey L. Wolfenkoehler were married Dec. 5, 1943, in Seattle.
Wolfenkoehler was a graduate of Fruitland High School. She had worked at Wimpy's in Cape Girardeau, Lowenbaum Dress Factory in Cape Girardeau and Jackson and International Shoe Co. in Jackson. She was a member of Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson and life member of VFW Auxiliary to Post 3838.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Robert Wolfenkoehler of Jackson; a granddaughter; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.