- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Tickets on sale for August bluegrass concert at River Campus
@SL_body_copy_ragged:The Gibson Brothers will perform Aug. 3 at the River Campus. Their latest album, "Iron & Diamonds," debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's Bluegrass chart in the album's first week of release in April. The band will play in the Robert F. and Gertrude L. Shuck Musical Recital Hall in the Seminary Building at the River Campus at 7 p.m. Aug. 3. Tickets are $22.50, available at the door or in advance at the River Campus Box Office, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling 651-2265. Tickets also may be purchased online at metrotix.com or by calling 800-293-5949.
Elmo and friends coming to Cape Girardeau for August shows
@SL_body_copy_ragged:The Show Me Center will welcome Elmo and his furry friends in "Elmo Makes Music" in mid August. Elmo, Zoe, Big Bird and the gang will appear in "Sesame Street Live" where they help a new music teacher who has lost her instruments. Elmo and friends teach children that anyone can make music on anything. Shows are 7 p.m. Aug. 15; 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., Aug. 18; 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. Aug. 17. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday. Tickets are $14 and $20; premium seats are $27. Opening night special seats are $14. For more information or to buy tickets by phone, call 651-5000 or go online to www.showmecenter.biz.
Ste. Genevieve theater continues new season with 'Caberet'
@SL_body_copy_ragged:STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. — ColeBeanBay Theatre Company started its sophomore year in operation June 19, with "Caberet." The professional theater company performs in the Orris Theatre at 265 Merchant St. in downtown Ste. Genevieve. The musical will run through July 6 with performances Thursday to Sunday. Tickets are available at www.ColeBeanBay.com or at the Orris Theatre. They cost $18 in advance or $20 at the door. Group and family rates are available. For more information, call 314-481-3841 or visit www.ColeBeanBay.com.
— From staff reports