- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Dorothy Mae Brown, 87, of Anna died Monday, June 23, 2008, at her home.
She was born to Jacob Dale and Mary Jane "Mollie" Lewis in West Frankfort, Ill. After her mother died she was raised by an uncle and aunt, Hubert and Hazel Lewis of West Frankfort. She and Frank Merlin Dillow were married Feb. 2, 1942. She later married Louis L. Brown July 23, 1968, in Anna. He died Oct. 17, 2007.
Brown was a member of Landmark Pentecostal Church in Anna. She had worked at Florsheim Shoe Co., Union County Hospital, and Department of Aging.
Survivors include two daughters, Marianne Dillow of Anna, Rhonda Shannon of Cobden, Ill.; a sister, Kathryn Ewing of Marion, Ill.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a half sister.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. to service time Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Pearce officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.