- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Independence opens new genealogy library
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) -- Dedicated family researchers in the Kansas City area now have a library to match their ambitions.
The new Midwest Genealogy Center is billed as one the nation's largest libraries specifically for people tracing their ancestors. The 50,000 square foot building replaces a smaller facility housed in the Mid-Continent Public Library's north Independence branch.
The genealogy library is expected to attract researchers from throughout the country.