- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Independence opens new genealogy library
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) -- Dedicated family researchers in the Kansas City area now have a library to match their ambitions.
The new Midwest Genealogy Center is billed as one the nation's largest libraries specifically for people tracing their ancestors. The 50,000 square foot building replaces a smaller facility housed in the Mid-Continent Public Library's north Independence branch.
The genealogy library is expected to attract researchers from throughout the country.