- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
We go to Mars, can't find new fuels
To the editor:
It makes me sick to see elected officials on TV wringing their hands and shedding crocodile tears for the poor American consumer over the price of oil and what it has done to the quality of life.
It makes me wonder: Where have people like the Kennedys, Clintons, Obama, Bond and McCains (along with the other hangers-on) been since 1976 when we had lines at the gasoline pumps? Did they have their head in the sand, or in their campaign contributors' pockets?
We put a man on the moon. We spent billions of dollars on a spaceship to look for water on Mars. We are bankrupting ourselves in Iraq, but we can"t develop an alternate for oil? Give me a break.
ROBERT TURLEY, Jackson