- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
We go to Mars, can't find new fuels
To the editor:
It makes me sick to see elected officials on TV wringing their hands and shedding crocodile tears for the poor American consumer over the price of oil and what it has done to the quality of life.
It makes me wonder: Where have people like the Kennedys, Clintons, Obama, Bond and McCains (along with the other hangers-on) been since 1976 when we had lines at the gasoline pumps? Did they have their head in the sand, or in their campaign contributors' pockets?
We put a man on the moon. We spent billions of dollars on a spaceship to look for water on Mars. We are bankrupting ourselves in Iraq, but we can"t develop an alternate for oil? Give me a break.
ROBERT TURLEY, Jackson