- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Minor quake in Illinois
A magnitude-2.9 earthquake was recorded six miles from Mount Carmel, Ill. at 5:20 p.m. Tuesday. The region shook with a 5.2 temblor April 18 and has experienced intermittent aftershocks since.
Mount Carmel is less than 200 miles from Cape Girardeau. The Bootheel area has experienced 111 small earthquakes, including a magnitude-1.9 quake eight miles north of East Prairie, Mo., on June 5.