- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Danny Leroy Buckner, 81, of Fort Myers died Thursday, June 19, 2008, at Southwest Regional Hospital in Fort Myers.
He was born Dec. 13, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, son of Leroy and Pearl Coyne Buckner.
He and Lillian Kadlez were married Oct. 12, 1953, in Corinth, Miss.
Buckner attended Cape Girardeau Central High School.
He served in the Navy during World War II and the Korean War on five ships. He also served with Admiral Byrd, and duties included carrying out the Marshall Plan.
He worked for the state of Missouri's department of psychiatry in St. Louis for eight years.
He attended Resurrection Parish in Fort Myers and was a member of VFW Post 135 in St. Louis.
Survivors include his wife.
Graveside service will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating.
Graveside military rites will be provided by VFW Post 3838.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.