- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PUXICO, Mo. -- Bill Eugene Besher, 75, of Puxico died Thursday, Aug. 12, 2004, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Aug. 24, 1928, at Patton, Mo., son of Charley and Mary Gromer Besher. He and Leona Frances Green were married Jan. 3, 1948.
Besher was a truck driver with Wetterau Industries. He was a member of Patton Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Dawna Leutert of Fisk, Mo.; a brother, Bob Besher of Patton; a sister, Viola Wilfong of Patton; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and six sisters.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 11 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Revs. Joe Wilfong and Sam Brotherton officiating. Burial will be in Post Oak Cemetery near Patton, with full military rites by Missouri Honor Guard.