- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Harold Hood, 69, of Bloomfield died Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2004, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, following a lengthy illness.
He was born Aug. 8, 1935, at Sturdivant, Mo., son of William Ralph and Flora Swindell Hood. He and Sharon Clayton were married May 30, 1964.
Hood was a lifelong resident of Stoddard County. He had owned Hood Used Cars in Bloomfield and Dexter, Mo., since 1960. He attended First General Baptist Church at Bloomfield.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters and their husbands, Angie and Bud Parks of Bloomfield, Elizabeth and Ed Wright of Jackson; a son, Ralph Hood of Bloomfield; a brother, Raymond Clois Hood of Cape Girardeau; three grandsons, Joshua and Logan Parks, Brandon Wright; three stepgrandchildren, Ashley and Nicole Parks, Lance Wright; two nieces, Shelby Mills and Brenda Unsbee. Other relatives and many friends survive to mourn his passing.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating. Burial will be in Bloomfield Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a charity of your choice.