- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Two hurt after car hits tree
A one-vehicle accident a mile east of Chaffee, Mo., sent two Ballwin, Mo., residents to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred just after midnight Thursday when a 2003 Toyota driven by Michael Halbrook, 33, swerved to avoid an unidentified oncoming vehicle on Frisco Road in Scott County. His car ran off the road and struck a tree. Halbrook and a passenger, Lauren Ober, 21, sustained moderate injuries.