- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Pedestrian struck and killed on I-55
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle and fatally injured Saturday near New Madrid, making it the 30th fatality for Troop E.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 10:45 p.m., five miles north of New Madrid. Pedestrian Steven A. Simelton, 47, was in the passing lane of Interstate 55 when he was struck by the southbound vehicle driven by Susan L. Carver, 39, of Chicago.
Simelton was pronounced dead at the scene by New Madrid County Coroner Jim McSpadden.