- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Thanks for help with flat tire
To the editor:
Recently I had the pleasure of attending my granddaughter's graduation from Jackson High School.
As I was entering the area late on the night of May 14, I had a flat tire.
Before I could dial my cell phone for help, Blake and Dillon Friedrich of Jackson stopped and changed my tire. First of all they called their mother to let her know they would be late and why.
They were very polite and capable and refused any remuneration.
Once again, many thanks to them, and also kudos to their parents for raising such nice young men.
MONALEE R. KUEHN, Bullard, Texas