- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Thanks for help with flat tire
To the editor:
Recently I had the pleasure of attending my granddaughter's graduation from Jackson High School.
As I was entering the area late on the night of May 14, I had a flat tire.
Before I could dial my cell phone for help, Blake and Dillon Friedrich of Jackson stopped and changed my tire. First of all they called their mother to let her know they would be late and why.
They were very polite and capable and refused any remuneration.
Once again, many thanks to them, and also kudos to their parents for raising such nice young men.
MONALEE R. KUEHN, Bullard, Texas