- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Thanks for help with flat tire
To the editor:
Recently I had the pleasure of attending my granddaughter's graduation from Jackson High School.
As I was entering the area late on the night of May 14, I had a flat tire.
Before I could dial my cell phone for help, Blake and Dillon Friedrich of Jackson stopped and changed my tire. First of all they called their mother to let her know they would be late and why.
They were very polite and capable and refused any remuneration.
Once again, many thanks to them, and also kudos to their parents for raising such nice young men.
MONALEE R. KUEHN, Bullard, Texas