- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)1
Thanks for help with flat tire
To the editor:
Recently I had the pleasure of attending my granddaughter's graduation from Jackson High School.
As I was entering the area late on the night of May 14, I had a flat tire.
Before I could dial my cell phone for help, Blake and Dillon Friedrich of Jackson stopped and changed my tire. First of all they called their mother to let her know they would be late and why.
They were very polite and capable and refused any remuneration.
Once again, many thanks to them, and also kudos to their parents for raising such nice young men.
MONALEE R. KUEHN, Bullard, Texas