- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. — Vergie "Toots" Warren, 82, of Grand Chain, Ill., formerly of Olive Branch, died Sunday, June 22, 2008, at her home.
She was born Jan. 21, 1926, in Missouri, daughter of James and Ella Burns Johnson. She and Leslie E. Warren were married Dec. 20, 1941. He died Aug. 6, 2000.
Warren was a postal clerk many years in Olive Branch. She was a member of Alexander Free Will Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Donna Phillips of Paducah, Ky., Glenda Harp of Grand Chain; a sister, Mary Maupin of Cape Girardeau; two granddaughters; a great-grandson; three stepgrandchildren; and five great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, two sisters, and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., and after 10 a.m. Wednesday at Alexander Free Will Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Earnest Brown officiating. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.