- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Cub Scouts meet the Capahas
To the editor:
On Friday night several area Cub Scout packs got together for a summer event at Capaha Park to attend a baseball game.
Pack 20 from Alma Schrader School presented the colors and said the pledge of allegiance to kick off the game. Around the fifth inning all of the Scouts took advantage of the event to run the bases.
Tailgating was the norm as grills cooked loads of hot dogs, while Scouts and parents covered the hillside to watch the evening festivities.
Thank you to the Capahas and others who helped the Cub Scouts have a great and fun night at the ballpark.
DONALD WILSON, Cape Girardeau