- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Cub Scouts meet the Capahas
To the editor:
On Friday night several area Cub Scout packs got together for a summer event at Capaha Park to attend a baseball game.
Pack 20 from Alma Schrader School presented the colors and said the pledge of allegiance to kick off the game. Around the fifth inning all of the Scouts took advantage of the event to run the bases.
Tailgating was the norm as grills cooked loads of hot dogs, while Scouts and parents covered the hillside to watch the evening festivities.
Thank you to the Capahas and others who helped the Cub Scouts have a great and fun night at the ballpark.
DONALD WILSON, Cape Girardeau