- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Cub Scouts meet the Capahas
To the editor:
On Friday night several area Cub Scout packs got together for a summer event at Capaha Park to attend a baseball game.
Pack 20 from Alma Schrader School presented the colors and said the pledge of allegiance to kick off the game. Around the fifth inning all of the Scouts took advantage of the event to run the bases.
Tailgating was the norm as grills cooked loads of hot dogs, while Scouts and parents covered the hillside to watch the evening festivities.
Thank you to the Capahas and others who helped the Cub Scouts have a great and fun night at the ballpark.
DONALD WILSON, Cape Girardeau