Representatives from Cancer Society visit
To highlight American Cancer Society Week, which continues through Friday, ACS representatives will visit the area with information about cancer, nutrition, mileage reimbursement and other programs, services and materials available to cancer patients and their families at no cost. Representatives will be at Southeast Missouri Hospital Cancer Center today, Saint Francis Medical Center Outpatient Care Center on Wednesday, Dr. Pairote Jarronwanichkuls's office Thursday and Cape Medical Oncology on Friday. For more information about cancer or the American Cancer Society and its programs, call Kelly HeiRonimus at 334-9197 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
— From staff reports
* The Health of Jackson: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Jackson Chamber of Commerce. Learn about the trends and factors that influence health-care access and affordability today and in the future by talking with leaders in the health-care industry.
* Childbirth preparation class: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class eases parents' concerns and gives them a confident attitude toward labor and delivery. To register, call 651-5825.
* Preparation for childbirth class: 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. Comprehensive guide to expected bodily changes, labor signs and stages, pain control techniques and basic infant care. Tips on relaxing, positioning and breathing will also be discussed. Refreshments will be provided. Bring the "Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenting Kit" provided by your physician's office. Call 877-231-2229 to register.
* Angels of God prayer group: 6 p.m. in Pastoral Care conference room. Angels of God is a prayer group for parents who've lost a child of any age, especially parents who lost a baby from the time of conception through early infancy. No children are allowed. Call 331-5118 and leave a message for Father Augustine.
* Osage Community Centre, 2 to 7 p.m.
* West Park Mall, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* VFW hall, 2 to 7 p.m.