- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Heises celebrate 50th event
Merril and Shirley Heise of Cape Girardeau are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills.
Hosts for the event are their children and spouses, Johnny and Jane Heise, Diana and Dave Gregory, Kenny and Kristi Heise, Nancy and Jim Compas, and Kristy Smith, all of Cape Girardeau.
Heise and Shirley Haertling were married Aug. 15, 1954, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson.
The couple has 13 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.