- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Man accused of hiding in couch
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home.
Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move. She jumped up, and David Joe Limones emerged.
The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.
Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges.
He is being held on $20,000 bail.
County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.