- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Man accused of hiding in couch
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home.
Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move. She jumped up, and David Joe Limones emerged.
The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.
Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges.
He is being held on $20,000 bail.
County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.