- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Man accused of hiding in couch
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home.
Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move. She jumped up, and David Joe Limones emerged.
The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.
Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges.
He is being held on $20,000 bail.
County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.