- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man accused of hiding in couch
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home.
Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move. She jumped up, and David Joe Limones emerged.
The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.
Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges.
He is being held on $20,000 bail.
County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.