- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Man accused of hiding in couch
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- Police say a New York man cut a hole in a woman's couch and hid in the carved-out space until she came home.
Newburgh police said the woman sat on the couch Wednesday evening and felt a bump in the cushions move. She jumped up, and David Joe Limones emerged.
The woman was on the phone with a friend when she entered her apartment because she had filed an earlier complaint against Limones and was worried he might be there. Police said she had asked the friend to stay on the line and call police if something went wrong.
Limones, 27, faces burglary and other charges.
He is being held on $20,000 bail.
County officials, including those at the public defenders office and the sheriff's department, were unable to provide the name of Limones' lawyer.