- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Shelby Schearf, 57, of Carmi, Ill., died Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2004, at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
He was born May 16, 1947, in Jackson, son of Glenn and Mildred Pearl Tomo Schearf. He and Clara May Trout were married July 14, 1979.
Schearf was a machine operator with Infinity Plastic Moldings in Mount Vernon, Ind.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Carrie Sanders of Carmi; two sons, Shaun Mecum of Albion, Ill., Tim Mecum of Jackson Hole, Wyo.; two sisters, Frances McCarty of Mount Vernon, Sandy McDowell of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Mike Schearf of Dale, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
Friends may call at Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.