- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lora Jane Wiseman, 86, of Advance died Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2004, at Heartland Care Rehab Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 17, 1917, in Greenbrier, Mo., daughter of Harrison and Dorothy Swick Cato. She and Omer Wiseman were married Oct. 15, 1932, at Greenbrier. He died Jan. 23, 1999.
Wiseman was one of the first members of Bethel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Judy Boland of Zalma, Mo., Shirley Rhodes of Neosho, Mo.; three brothers, Lee Roy Cato of Puxico, Mo., Hubert Cato of state of Missouri, Bill Cato of Dexter, Mo.; a sister, Kathryn Brown of Sedgewickville, Mo.; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5:15 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. John Rhodes and Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park at Marble Hill, Mo.