- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bloomfield, Mo. -- Harold Hood, 69, of Bloomfield, Mo., died Sunday, Aug. 11, 2004, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Aug. 8, 1935, at Sturdivant, Mo., son of William Ralph and Flora Swindell Hood. He and Sharon Clayton were married May 30, 1964.
Hood had been the owner of Hood Used Cars in Bloomfield and Dexter since 1960. He was a member of the General Baptist Church in Bloomfield.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Angie Parks of Bloomfield and Elizabeth Wright of Jackson; a son, Ralph Hood of Bloomfield; a brother, Raymond Clois Hood of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren.
Friends may call at the Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. The Rev. Kevin Eskew will officiate, with burial in Bloomfield Cemetery.