- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rose McCabe, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at her home.
She was born July 13, 1910, in Patterson, N.J., daughter of Otto and Roselie Kissling Probst. She and James J. McCabe were married Sept. 19, 1942, in Nutley, N.J. He preceded her in death in 1973.
Mrs. McCabe worked as a bookkeeper. She moved to Cape Girardeau in 1999 from New Jersey. She attended St. Mark Lutheran Church (ELCA).
Survivors include a daughter, Margaret E. Schmucker of Cape Girardeau; six stepgrandchildren; seven great-stepgrandchildren; five nieces; a nephew; two great-nieces; and two great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Mark Church, with the Rev. S. Michael Malone officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.