- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape man accused of statutory sodomy, child molestation
Steven M. Trout, 27, of Cape Girardeau, faces charges of first degree statory sodomy and first degree child molestation in connection with a June 1 incident in which he alleged had sexual contact with a child.
Officers from Cape Girardeau County arrested Trout on Tuesday. The allegations involve raping and sexually abusing a 6-year-old female, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department.
Trout is being held in the Cape Girardeau County Jail on a $100,000 cash only bond, and the condition that if released, he not come within 500 feet of the victim or make attempts to contact her.