- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape man accused of statutory sodomy, child molestation
Steven M. Trout, 27, of Cape Girardeau, faces charges of first degree statory sodomy and first degree child molestation in connection with a June 1 incident in which he alleged had sexual contact with a child.
Officers from Cape Girardeau County arrested Trout on Tuesday. The allegations involve raping and sexually abusing a 6-year-old female, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department.
Trout is being held in the Cape Girardeau County Jail on a $100,000 cash only bond, and the condition that if released, he not come within 500 feet of the victim or make attempts to contact her.