- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ray Carl Hill, 69, of Jackson died Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at his home.
He was born Sept. 7, 1938, in Hugo, Okla., son of Carl and Lena Rhodes Hill. He and Barbara Jane Webb were married July 21, 2001.
Hill had been a salesman at a Ford dealership, retired as an insurance adjuster with ADA, and supervisor at VIP Industries in Fruitland. He was a member of First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau and attended Cowboy Church at Fruitland.
He served two years in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two stepdaughters, Ashley Kiefer and Angela Holifield of Jackson; two brothers, Bill Hill of Sparta, Mo., Bob Hill of Bakersfield, Calif.; two sisters, Jeanette Hart of Guernsey, Wyo., and Carol Struthers of Medford, Ore.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo. A Masonic service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dean Jagger officiating. Burial will be in Reagan's Chapel Cemetery at Patton.