- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Bill to provide $2.6 billion in flood relief for the Midwest
An agreement reached between House Democrats and Republicans and the White House -- if passed into law as expected -- would provide $2.6 billion in additional disaster aid to replenish accounts already being tapped to deal with the flooding across the Midwest.
The money is part of the long-stalled Iraq war funding bill. President Bush would win $162 billion in long-overdue funding to carry out military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan into next year under the bipartisan agreement sealed Wednesday on Capitol Hill. The House is expected to vote on the bill today.
The bill also contains $5.8 billion sought by Bush for next year to build levees and other flood control projects around New Orleans.