- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Bill to provide $2.6 billion in flood relief for the Midwest
An agreement reached between House Democrats and Republicans and the White House -- if passed into law as expected -- would provide $2.6 billion in additional disaster aid to replenish accounts already being tapped to deal with the flooding across the Midwest.
The money is part of the long-stalled Iraq war funding bill. President Bush would win $162 billion in long-overdue funding to carry out military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan into next year under the bipartisan agreement sealed Wednesday on Capitol Hill. The House is expected to vote on the bill today.
The bill also contains $5.8 billion sought by Bush for next year to build levees and other flood control projects around New Orleans.