- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Community briefs 6/19/08
Location for group's meeting today changed
The Neighborhood Connections meeting at 6:30 p.m. today has been moved to Broadway Books & Roasting Co., 605 Broadway. For more information, call 651-4567.
Sides-Hargraves reunion planned for Saturday
The descendants of Price and Nancy Hargraves Sides will meet for a reunion with a basket dinner at noon Saturday at Jackson City Park shelter No. 3. Dinner is potluck. Attendees should bring their own table service, drinks and chairs. For more information, call 243-8028.
Conrad family reunion will be at noon Sunday
The 74th consecutive reunion of the descendants of David Rudolph and Polly Bollinger Conrad will begin at noon with a basket lunch Sunday at Whitewater Presbyterian Church near Lixville, Mo. The business meeting will follow. The discussion will be on updating the 1986 Conrad Genealogy Book. Everyone is urged to turn in their family information.
Old Bell City Friendship Day, reunion set
The Old Bell City Friendship Day, Himmel-Shawan reunion will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Bell City Betterment Community Building. The meal will be potluck. Attendees should bring a dish. Coffee, tea, ice and table service will be provided. A short business meeting will be held after the meal. An offering will be taken to raise money for building rental and postage for future meetings. For more information, call 573-733-4324.
Workshop on home ownership offered
The University of Missouri Extension will offer a two hour "Home Ownership Made Easier" workshop for potential homeowners from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Extension Office off Highway 25 in Jackson. Registration fee is due Monday. To register or for more information, call Mary Gosche, human development specialist, at 243-3581.
Bridges community has reunion, last service
CHARLESTON, Mo. — The Bridges community reunion will begin with a potluck dinner at 12:30 p.m. June 29 at Bridges United Methodist Church. The last church service on the same day will be at 2:30 p.m. The public is invited. For more information, call Annette Robertson at 573-683-4917 or Donna Walker Eaker at 573-545-3092.
— From staff reports